Friday, January 25, 2019

A Most Adventurous Storyboarding Time

Hey guys,

I recently did some Adventure Time storyboards for class! It was fun having the chance to work with some classic characters from my childhood, even though this sequence isn't in any official episode. Here's a little pitch video -





Even though these drawings are pretty rough, even rougher drawings preceded them - the thumbnails! In case you'd like to see my planning process, they're right here. Thumbnailing is fun - unless you're thumbnailing buildings in perspective. Luckily this sequence is fairly free of buildings. I'm still figuring out my process and style for boarding, but so far I've been following the method of thumbnailing character introductions and group shots first, and referencing the board artists of Gravity Falls (like Dana Terrace) when it comes to drawing style. I tend to over-sketch, so finding a style that communicated well while still being fast to draw was a challenge!



Hope you enjoyed it and more storyboards should be coming soon!

-dh

No comments:

Post a Comment