Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Dream List


Hey guys,

I’ve been reading through Nicholas Kole’s At Happy Rock blog recently, and one of my favorite articles on there was when he posted his “Dream List,” a collection of goals and hopes for his future career/life. And I thought that was a super cool idea. So I rather shamelessly stole it. Sorry Kole.

But in all seriousness a list of dream jobs, projects, and adventures just seems like a good thing to have around. Life seems to go by so fast, and I feel like having some definite goals to shoot for would help me make better use of present moments and not let opportunities slip away. God’s got great plans that I can’t predict, (and those will be way better than what’s on this list) but it’s fun to imagine what the future has in store! I also thought posting it here could help give a better picture to you Roost-ers of what I’m interested in (and if any of you can help make these dreams a reality PLEASE let me know - I am all ears. 100% ear. In a metaphorical sense.)

So here it is – and in no particular order:

The Dream List

Work on/direct a character voiced by Jack McBrayer
Direct something scored by Michael Giacchino
Work with Louie Zong and/or Insaneintherainmusic on something
Be involved in the reboot of one of my favorite childhood shows
Work at Disney TVA
Jump on board the Ducktales, Hilda, and/or Craig of the Creek trains before they exit production
Zootopia 2???
Be on a podcast
Showrun for Cartoon Network
Be paid to teach art
Work on the Wingfeather Saga
Do something old school for Studio MDHR
Work on a project with a complete jazz score
Master an instrument
Talk with Craig McCracken
Draw in the Outback
Host a nature show
Learn another language
Cook something other than nachos (luv u nachos, but I need to grow up)
Collaborate on a project with one of my top 8 art heroes
Have a hand in redesigning an iconic character
Have a character I worked on made into a Macy’s Thanksgiving Day balloon
Work on an adaptation of The Wind in the Willows
And Get an Internship in 2019

I plan on returning to this list, updating it, and hopefully checking some things off as time goes by. Now comes the hard part of actually doing the work it takes to make these things happen!

See you at the drawing board,
dh



No comments:

Post a Comment