Monday, April 6, 2020

A Little Win :)


Hey! What's that? That piece next to the bear butt? 

IT'S MY ART. 

I'm featured on THE Character Design Challenge Tumblr!!!!! I'm just so blown away right now. It's just crazy to see something of mine up there in between so many heavy hitters! The little capybara that could. I'm so proud of her :)

I feel like I'm frequently seeking validation of my art skills. And even though I try to toughen my skin, every internship rejection and Character Design Challenge loss (that Fenrir piece lost btw) still hurts and reminds me of how far I have to go in my art journey. That I'm just not good enough yet. That I'm not to the point where I can consistently make professional or remarkable work. But then something like this happens! And I'm not saying that this little win proves that I'm some great artist or am industry level yet, but it is a little win! And I'll take that little win! And share it here on the Roost, as is the custom :)

Hope you're finding those little wins amidst this time of quarantine. 
-dh

2 comments: