Friday, April 17, 2020

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

WE DID IT! Good Boy Richard just took home the prize for Animated Audience Choice, Best Poster, and Best Animated Film at the Five Minute Fest!!! I'm so blown away - and was totally frazzled for all of the patched-together-zoom-call acceptance speeches. And we're going to the Nashville Film Festival next!! (Lord willing, and it's not shut down.) I did not expect any of this - my fellow animation majors have made such strong films and it really was a close competition. And a huge thanks to the GBR crew! To quote Rebecca Sugar, "The crew makes the show! THE CREW MAKES THE SHOW!" So proud of what we were able to make this semester and I'm glad it's out there in the world for people to see. And ERIC STARS - man what a dude. He really kept this film on track and was the one putting in the late nights at the end. 

Sorry I'm just using this post as another mini acceptance speech but doing one on Zoom was HARD and I was just so happy in those moments and I'm not sure if I really got the chance to say things as I should. Also you should check out the crew's work - it's in the video description. They do good work. 



 

Although I miss being with the crew and the celebrations we would have been having tonight, it was special to get to experience this moment with my family at home. They did a lot to make me feel celebrated and the night memorable. 

hot DOGS

Hope you enjoyed the film and the festival and aren't tired of me talking about Richard yet. ;)
-dh

2 comments:

  1. Well done, sir! I just saw the film on YouTube. It was SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and the whole GBR crew!

    ReplyDelete