Friday, April 17, 2020

Good Boy Richard


At last year's Five Minute Film Festival I made a public promise that I would return with something, big or small, to show next year. I had no idea what that would be, and despite my grandiose plans for a junior year film (currently not a thing at Lipscomb) I expected to turn in some ramshackle joke of a film animated over a couple weekends. I could not have guessed that it would be my Storyboarding 2 final, brought to life by a team of close friends, with full background art and some of the best animation in the program so far. And I also couldn't have expected that the same festival, with the reserved tables (coveted) and awards speeches (joyous), would be transformed by a global pandemic.

Richard's production cycle has been full of highs and lows, and challenges from an artistic and organizational standpoint. I'm thankful we had so much time to work together in person, yet we did finish this film remotely, from several different states! And now it's out there in the world, on Youtube and Vimeo! I hope it brings you a laugh and smile. And it's an honor to be nominated alongside Sam Abner and Joel Guthrie, two of my biggest friend/mentors and actual geniuses. Whoever wins tonight, it's gonna be a great show.

I'll probably be posting some behind the scenes stuff over the next few weeks but as for now, here's the film! Hope you enjoy it, and please share it if you do! I'm praying that this film will be seen by the right people, and you and your friends may be just that!



Stay safe, and watch out for dogs with knives.
-dh

No comments:

Post a Comment