Thursday, July 18, 2019

Mantalings

just arrived in inkopolis to check out these "turf wars" her friends keep talking about

I've noticed that for an art blog most of the posts I make don't focus very much on displaying art - but are rather excuses for me to ramble about philosophy. I think it's because I usually just ship my best work straight to the specialized tabs up top rather than blog about it (and risk it getting lost in the archives). It also may be because I just like to talk about art nerd jargon to the precious few of y'all who actually read this thing (we happy few! We band of brothers!) But today is something different. Just some art! Enjoy! This is a cute little Splatoon original character (OC) I made for Nicholas Kole. He had a "draw this in your style" thing going for stingray-themed Splatoon characters and I wanted to join in. She was a struggle to do. From finding her character through sketches, to trying to draw decent looking legs and hands, to final color and render, she was a toughie. I also had the additional pressure of making it look good enough for Nick to want repost it. And repost he did! :) But that pressure did help me finish it instead of throwing it in the bin when the process got difficult.

just trying to restrain the inner fanboy right now

It's cool that God's placed me in a time where my biggest art hero can see my work instantly, and we can talk about puns in the comments. Perhaps cool is kind of an understatement.

Woomy.
-dh

No comments:

Post a Comment