Monday, August 24, 2020

Last First Day (of school) Ever!

Hi all!

No art to post today, just wanted to write a little something to mark the occasion - it's my last first day of school ever! Senior year has begun, and I'm off to a roaring start with ... just one class to attend today. Just like everything else this year my class schedule is a bit wonky - with three of my classes meeting only once a week, this semester is gonna require a lot of discipline in order to stay on track and make good use of the numerous and lengthy plots of free time I expect to find dotted across my schedule. 

But I do have art on the way! I've been working on this month's Character Design Challenge while not working move-in shifts and I think she's almost done! The prompt this month was "animal skatepark" - after last month's disappointing/challenging fairy prompt, I felt like they were really throwing me a bone with this one. Speaking of that fairy prompt... I don't think I ever posted it here! So ha - we DO have art to post today!

Anyways, animal characters are much more my cup of tea. I've even been getting some help from John Loren (resident jellybots discord teacher and paint-over master) who helped a ton with my dino rider design a couple months back. Should be good!

So far school's going fine (thanks for asking!) but it's really too early to tell. Unfortunately covid has taken a lot of the oomph out of the celebratory start of the year but we're hanging in there and actually going to class! Which, in this crazy world, is kinda a Big Deal. And in RA meeting tonight we had a words of affirmation session which was just what the doctor ordered after a long and very draining move-in week. So I'm feeling a little warm and fuzzy right now, and full of cheap Monday-night tacos. Not a bad way to start a year! 

To my fellow students, best of luck! May you continue to weather these times with grace, courage, and creativity.

-dh

No comments:

Post a Comment