Friday, January 3, 2020

Dream List 2020

At the beginning of 2019 I made this big list of dozens of things I wanted to do, not necessarily in 2019 but just ... sometime. Most of the things hover just on the edge of impossibility, but I did complete "Cook something other than nachos" which to be honest was kinda a freebie. But hey, I did it! And now I can cook muffins. And I made chili yesterday. I will spare you from seeing the picture(s) I took of it but just know I'm very proud... :) I'm grocery shopping and feeling very adult - I wonder how quickly the joy of grocery shopping will fade. Hopefully never! And I did "Get an internship in 2019" but I guess I should have been more specific about the going on the internship part. But hey, I got it!! And that's still something to be thankful for. 

I decided to repost and update the list - but it's mostly the same as last year. And if you are someone with the power to help me achieve one of these, LET ME KNOW! I'm very motivated to help ;)

My good friend Sam Abner will also want me to mention that I did "Work on a project with a complete jazz score" (last year's Animation Production film), but since the film was not released aaaand I only did one background for it I think it's safe to leave that one on the list. I also came really close to "Do something old school for Studio MDHR" when Professor Bancroft signed on to help with the Cuphead DLC, but I wasn't able to help. And Prof. Bancroft quit. But not due to my lack of helpfulness. I hope. 

Anyways, in no particular order I give you -



The Dream List

Be involved in the reboot of one of my favorite childhood shows
Have a hand in redesigning an iconic character
Hold a published/released something that has my name in the credits
Make a thesis film while in college
Work at Disney TVA
And Cartoon Saloon
Showrun for Cartoon Network
Work on the Wingfeather Saga
Help with Ducktales, Hilda, and/or Craig of the Creek
Be a part of Zootopia 2 (not just an audience part)
Be on a podcast
Be paid to teach art
Tend my own garden
Do something old school for Studio MDHR
Contribute official art for Zeldathon
Work on a project with a complete jazz score
Master an instrument
Finish The Lord of the Rings
Draw with Saira Vargas or Nicholas Kole
Draw in the Outback
Visit Ludo Studio
Host a nature show
Learn another language
Table at a convention
Collaborate on a project with one of my top 8 art heroes
Work on/direct a character voiced by Jack McBrayer
Direct something scored by Michael Giacchino
Work with Louie Zong and/or Insaneintherainmusic on something
Have a character I worked on made into a Macy’s Thanksgiving Day balloon
Work on an adaptation of The Wind in the Willows
Bring Back Dreamwork's Larrikins
And go on an Internship in 2020!


So there it is! Here's to hoping I can check a few things off in 2020 - keep me accountable, bloggerfolk! I'm also trying to come up with a few more non-art related dreams, but to be honest I really just want to make cool stuff with cool people at cool places (and that stuff often happens to be animation.) And therefore - art dreams! 

Wishing you the best with your dreams (art-related or otherwise)! And thanks for making it through my lengthy new year reflection - I promise my next post will not have as much to do with the fact that we are NOW IN THE TWENTIES (woot!)
-dh

No comments:

Post a Comment